Friday, 29 March 2013

Wellington to Rotorua

I like Wellington. I do prefer smaller towns over big cities but I really like Wellington. I don't know exactly why but somehow it made a good impression on me. It is a very clean, neat city, with downtown that wraps around the harbour. Something like Victoria. They have a nice wide walkway that follows the shoreline of the downtown. We did visit their National Museum "Te Papa", old St. Paul Church, took cable car to the top of the hill and walked back down through Botanical Gardens. It has that feeling of a city of art and culture. Love it! Next time I will spent way more time here - so many things to see and do - galleries, theatres, museums, coffee shops :).


I have only couple picture of Wellington. Phillip usually has my phone, so check Martins blog for more professional pictures :)


Breakfast on top of Mount Victoria with a view - Wellington downtown. That is exactly what I like about campervan, you can stop anywhere and make your own coffee on the spot. Yahoo!


On the road to Turangi - back to dry land.


Phillips tanning session :), he doesn't know I took the picture. Good thing he is not reading my blog.


Waiotapu Thermal Park (on the way to Rotorua). Too bad we can't send you also the smell. Horrible. Sometimes it was hard to breathe.


Champagne Pool - 65m in diameter, 62m deep and the temperature is 74C, not bad huh? And the smell!


My favourite - mud pool - so funny to watch the hot mud spit and splatter. This pool is apparently the largest in the country.


Lake Rotorua - staying in the Holiday park close to the lake. We could go and dug up our own hot spa. First one Phillip dug up was too hot (boiling hot), so he tried closer to the lake.


And this is it. Nice and warm, perfect temperature but black and smelly, almost oily. After standing in there for few minutes we decided to sit in the cleaner pools in the camp.

The North Island is definitely different compare to the South. It's more populated and way more traffic on the road. Martin has to pull over more frequently to let the cars go by. It is very beautiful but it doesn't have the same serene feeling you get on the South part. We still have 6 more days to explore. Can't wait.



No comments:

Post a Comment