It's raining. Everybody in South NZ are cheering, and I am trying to be happy for them too ;). After long dry period they were wishing for rain. Well, nothing we can do about it.
Our next stop - Lake Tekapo and Lake Pukaki. As soon we left Geraldine the countryside changed. No more flat countrysidebut nice rolling hills. But everything dry - yellow. And LOTS of sheep. Sheep sheep sheep. Hard to describe the countryside - at times I felt like we are back home in Czech, other times like on the way to Kamloops or Vernon. Except with lots of sheep :).
Lake Tekapo and Church of Good Shepherd - very famous tourist attraction in New Zealand. The Church is very nice but I was kind of disappointed. It is located very close to the highway and you can almost stay in the car, drive by and take a picture. I know, that's how usually big attractions. But no complaints, still felt really special to see it for real.
We were lucky to see nice panorama of the lake from the lookout just before the rain started. Because of the weather we continued toward Lake Pukaki.
Lake Pukaki - you can see beautiful lake with Mt.Cook in the back but unfortunately the rain got worse. After talking with visitor info lady and finding out that the weather will stay like like that for next couple of days we continued. Oh well, I really looked forward to see both lakes. Maybe next time.
We made it all the way to the east coast - town called Oamaru and camped in Moeraki Holiday Park.
I have to say that I really enjoy having the boys with us. We have lots of fun and it is nice to spend time together. It's also quite interesting to get their opinion on things we see.
Following pictures are not the greatest for quality because I took them while we were driving. Roads are narrower than in Canada and usually no shoulder to pull over. Especially with our home on wheels. I I thought you might enjoy them anyway.
On the road. Boys are just awesome.
"Right" side driving no problem for this guy
Lake Tekapo
Lake Pukaki






No comments:
Post a Comment